EARLY LEARNING CENTER
The Early Learning Center (ELC) provides a preparation for kindergarten by establishing a loving and caring Catholic environment. It encourages the young child to grow in an awareness of self and others through the love of God the Father, Jesus his son, and the Holy Spirit.
The program seeks to assist a child in developing awareness that he or she is special and unique and is capable of limitless knowledge in the developing years.
The program runs from Mid-August through May. Full and part-time options are available. Children must be toilet trained (not wearing pull-ups) and must be three by August 1.
Every day is a good day for the child at ELC! We work as a team to:
- create strong human relationships between child, school, and family by providing parents with regular communiqués and opportunities for volunteerism.
- prepare a clean, safe, and developmentally appropriate environment that is stimulating.
- create stability for the child by adhering to a schedule of daily activities and monthly themes so the child knows what he or she can expect will happen at school (yet maintain flexibility within the schedule).
- provide time for children to sit still together, to listen, to talk, to take turns and to share.
- allow children time to move about freely, to make personal choices, and to generate individual contacts.